GRAND ISLAND, STUHR MUSEUM - Saddle up for an evening of ropin’, cookin’ and country fun during “Cowboy Night,” Friday, June 5th, at Stuhr Museum. The event runs from 6-9 p.m. at Stuhr’s rural farmstead.
“Cowboy Night” is an evening full of authentic cowboy flavor and country fun. In addition to the food cooked over an open campfire, s’ mores, old fashioned games, roping, wood branding and more, the event will feature a live wild horse breaking demonstration. Over the course of several hours, a real cowboy will saddle and ride a horse that’s never been ridden before.
Other scheduled events include:
· Roping games and wood branding in the barn
· Games on the farmhouse lawn including graces, stilt walking, and more
· Horse grooming
· S’more making over an open fire
· Corn cooking over an open fire
· Specialty cowboy food available throughout the night
Admission is $8 for adults and $6 for children, with those 5 and under admitted free for this special evening activity. Stuhr Museum and Hastings Museum members are also admitted free. For more information, call the museum at (308) 385-5316 or log onto www.stuhrmuseum.org.