Grand Island loves sporting events and makes every effort as a community to make teams, coaches, and spectators feel right at home.
There's plenty to do in Grand Island while your team isn't competing.
Grand Island Venues offer space for you, your team, and your family to spread out.
We'll roll out the red carpet for your sports events here in Grand Island!
• Adjacent to Heartland Event Center
• Premier thoroughbred racing track
• Practice track
• Clubhouse and restaurant
• Horse barns
• Banquet, meeting and trade show facilities
• 70,000 sq. ft.
• Volleyball court
• Basketball court
• Batting Cage
• Meeting room and kitchen
• 170,000 square foot arena
• Seating capacity: 6,000 to 7,500
• Four locker rooms with coaches offices and locker rooms
• Team meeting, lounge, training and weight/equipment rooms
• Multiple concession stands
• Game officials dressing rooms
• Four-sided video scoreboard
• 20 acres of hard surface parking
• Sporting Clays: 15 shooting stations one mile in length
• Trap: 8 lighted ranges equipped with “PAT” traps
• Skeet: 6 lighted ranges equipped with “PAT” traps
• Pistol and Rifle: 6 ranges from 25 yards to 600 yards; center fire ranges fully baffled and protected by 60-foot shooting tubes
• Retriever Trials: 7-acre lake also serves as Kids Derby Fishing location
• Activity Center: Viewing deck, meeting facilities, Internet access
• Nebraska’s largest trap facility; ATA affiliate
• Site of Cornhusker National Trap Shoot—world’s largest
• 24 trap ranges (one mile length) with fully automated
STAR trap machines
• 4 lighted fields with bank board
• Clubhouse with Internet access and concessions
• Seating throughout venue supported by speaker/PA system
• Junior Olympic Archery Development facility
• Indoor/Outdoor range | 9.3 acres
• Home of Erika Anschutz
• Four 300’ ball fields used for softball and youth baseball
• 12 acres of soccer fields
Railside continues to rock. The Hear Grand Island concert series returns in 2017.
Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer recently completed a $7 million dollar restoration of the Edward Durell Stone building that anchors their property.
The people of Grand Island represent the true make up the community. Meet some of the characters of the city in these interviews.