GRAND ISLAND, STUHR MUSEUM – Fall is here and Stuhr Museum is combining two of our most popular events into one weekend long celebration! The Harvest Festival Fair September 19 & 20 combines the 1895 Agricultural Fair with the Harvest Festival into one event packed with history, activity and fun. From the exhibits and games of an 1890’s fair to the cooking demonstrations common around the harvest to the dozens of special events and activities, you will not want to miss this event.
Events run from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, September 19 with a special outdoor screening of “The Lego Movie” after dark (gates re-open at 7:30 pm, separate admission fees apply) and from Noon – 5 p.m. on Sunday. Events include:
● An ag fair in Railroad Town including farm machinery exhibits, food, artwork exhibits, a modest midway, fun photo opportunities and a fortune teller.
● Fall themed games and pumpkin decorating in the field next to the Glade Roller Mill (Saturday Only).
● Apple baking activities in the Log Cabin Settlement (Saturday only) and harvest baking demonstrations in the Stolley, Fonda or Milisen Houses in Railroad Town
● Specialty food including Buffalo Burgers and two sides for $7.50 and “harvest sundaes”, apple nachos, raspberry shrub and historic sodas
● An outdoor screening of “The Lego Movie” in Railroad Town Saturday night. Gates open at 7:30 pm with the movie starting when the sun goes down. Separate admission fees apply. Members are free.
● Live music by the Silver Cornet Band on Sunday at 2 p.m.
● Animals from the Central Nebraska Humane Society will be visiting on the lawn near the Stolley House on Sunday from Noon – 5.
● Many more activities museum wide.
The Stuhr Building is also open and will feature the exhibits “Grand Island Art & Sketch Show” and “Peggie Hartwell: Voice on Cloth”. Admission is $8 for adults, $6 for children and free for Stuhr Museum members. For more information log onto www.stuhrmuseum.org, call (308) 385-5316 or find us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.